Road Construction Update October 29, 2015: The bridge under construction has reopened to traffic. Additional construction is taking place on the roads around the bridge, but the route to camp along Rt. 124 in NH is now passable.
Road Construction Update: A common way for campers and visitors to travel to Camp Wanocksett from the Eastern side of MA is by traveling on Rt. 124 through Mason, New Ipswitch, to Jaffrey Center. Starting Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 the New Hampshire Department of Transportation will be closing Rt. 124 in New Ipswitch to replace a bridge near Warwick Mills. The bridge closure is expected to end by October, 2015, with further construction in the area completed by June, 2016. More information can be found from The Keene Sentinal. As of October 29, 2015, the bridge has reopened to traffic.
The suggested detour is rather long so we recommend one of three detours depending on where you are coming from:
- Travel MA Rt. 3 North to NH 101A West to NH 101 West to Dublin Center. Turn left onto Upper Jaffrey Rd. Google Maps
- Travel MA Rt. 119 West to NH Rt. 202 North to Jaffrey Center. Turn left onto NH Rt. 124 North to Dublin Rd. Turn Right onto Dublin Rd. Google Maps
- Travel MA Rt. 2 West to MA Rt. 140 North to MA Rt. 12 North to MA Rt. 202 North. Turn left onto NH Rt. 124 North to Dublin Rd. Turn Right onto Dublin Rd. Google Maps
642 Upper Jaffrey Rd.
Dublin, NH 03444
Camp Phone (Summer Only): 978-534-3532 x109
For Reservations contact:
Nashua Valley Council, BSA at: 978-534-3532
Camp Wanocksett is located on the border of Jaffrey and Dublin, New Hampshire
- From MA Rt. 2 take exit 24 to Rt. 140 North.
- Follow Rt. 140 to Rt. 12 North in Winchendon, MA
- Follow Rt. 12 North to Rt. 202 North.
- Follow Rt. 202 North to Rt. 124 in Jaffrey, NH.
- Turn left on Rt. 124. Follow Rt. 124 approx. 3 miles
- Turn right onto Dublin Rd, at the sign for Monadnock State Park.
- Follow Dublin Rd. approx 3 miles to Camp Wanocksett
- The Camp Wanocksett parking lot is on the right.
Camp Visitors must check in at the camp office while Camp is in session. When Camp is not in session visitors should check in at the Ranger's house across the street from the camp entrance.