Nashua Valley Council has received an allotment for 8 crews to attend Philmont in 2016. This will permit a total of 96 Scouts and Scouters from Nashua Valley Council to partake in one of Scouting’s most exciting high adventure opportunities.
The contingent will depart the Boston area on Tuesday, July 19, 2016, arrive at Philmont on Thursday, July 21, 2016 and return home on Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
The estimated cost is $2,000.00 per individual.
To request a Crew slot for 2016, a reservation fee of $400.00 per individual must be received by Carolyn Tobin at the Council office in Lancaster no later than March 31, 2015. Please submit one check per crew payable to "Nashua Valley Council, BSA". The reservation fee must be accompanied by a note containing the name and full contact information (including unit number, email, mailing address and phone numbers) of the adult advisors and include an initial estimate of the number of Scouts and adult Scouters that will comprise the crew.
Eligibility and crew size:
- Units, crews, Scouts and Scouters that attend Philmont in 2015 will not be eligible to participate in the 2016 Nashua Valley Philmont council contingent.
- Participants must be 14 years of age or have completed 8th Grade and be at least 13 years of age prior to participating.
- Including adult advisors, the maximum Crew size is 12 and the minimum is 7. Each Crew is required to have a majority of youth participants.
- Each crew is required to have 2 adult advisers. The maximum number of adults (21 and over) is 4 per crew.
- All participants must be a registered with the Boy Scouts of America and both youth and adults must meet strict height and weight requirements as outlined on the BSA medical form.
- If more crews apply to attend than Nashua Valley Council has slots for, a lottery to be held before April 10, 2015 to determine the crews that will participate. The reservation fee will be refunded to any crew not selected.
- By making the reservation payment, crews commit to making every payment in full and on a timely basis to council for the number of participants that the Crew committed to. Late payments or underpayments may result in cancelation of that crew's reservation. The payment schedule is as follows: March 31, 2015 - $400.00, June 1, 2015 - $400.00, September 1, 2015 - $400.00, December 1, 2015 - $400.00, and March 1, 2016 - $400.00. Please note that the council will only accept one check from each Crew for each payment.