Use this list as a guide when preparing for your weekend. Campsites are not accessible to vehicles. You will need to carry your gear a short distance to your site. Please pack with this in mind.
IMPORTANT: In accordance with New Hampshire state regulations, and Nashua Valley Council policy, out-of-state firewood is prohibited at Camp Wanocksett. Please help us prevent the spread of invasive species. Leave your firewood at home.
Personal Gear Checklist
- Your medical forms (if not already collected by your pack leader)
- Tent – can be borrowed from your local Boy Scout Troop if you do not have one
- A plastic sheet or ground cloth to put under the tent to keep you dry
- Sleeping bag (good to at least 40o or lower)
- Air mattress, sleeping pad, or plenty of blankets to sleep on (to keep out the cold from the ground below)
- Optional extra blanket
- Flashlight and/or camping lantern
- Extra batteries
- A good supply of dry clothes (especially socks)
- An extra pair of shoes and socks for sleeping
- Rain gear
- Personal first aid kit
- Plate, cup, eating utensils
- Insect repellent (non-aerosol)
- Personal toiletries
- Towel and/or washcloth
- Toilet paper
- Any medications you may require
- Camping chair
- Extra film
DO NOT Bring televisions, radios, walkmen, skateboards, scooters, or bikes, or any valuable items that may be damaged by being outside.
ABSOLUTELY no alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, liquid fuels, large axes, hatchets, chainsaws, sheath knives, fireworks, or weapons.
Remember: Even in September, the weather in New England can be either cold or hot - plan for the worst and hope for the best! Have extra warm, DRY clothing on hand, and especially socks.
Nashua Valley Council is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal belongings.