How Nashua Valley Council is Funded
The Nashua Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America is a registered 501c3 not-for-profit corporation. Financial support for our youth programs come from from five primary sources:
- Direct contributions through our annual "Friends of Scouting" campaign
- Endowment - Includes wills, estate planning and the James E. West Fellowship
- Capital Gifts - Support our Summer camps and Council Service Center
- Gifts-In-Kind - Donations of materials or services
- Special Events - Distinguished Citizen Award Dinner, Golf Tournaments and Community Good Scout Award events.
The annual Friends of Scouting campaign raises more than $110,000 from communities, businesses and families to support the Scouting Movement in Nashua Valley Council.
The Camp Card sale is designed to help Scouts earn their way to summer resident camp, the National Jamboree, high adventure camp or day camp.
The Nashua Valley Council’s endowment fund provides sustained financial support for council programs, camp facilities, camperships and unit support. Contributions to the council endowment help ensure that Nashua Valley Council will continue to deliver the promise of Scouting for the next generation of youth.