Join the CIT Program – Nashua Valley Council has earned an enviable reputation over the past years by providing boys with a great camping experience. The CIT program builds upon the leadership skills learned via the Scouting program. Through the CIT program, Scouts will be prepared to take on leadership roles within their Scouting unit.
Scouts will participate in the program for 4 weeks:
- All Scouts will participate at Camp Wanocksett during training & camp set-up from June 23-29. (School Snow days can be worked around)
- Scout will then participate in one week of the Boy Scout program, one week in the Cub Scout program, and one final week of their choosing.
The total cost of the program for 2018 is $285. This includes all room & board. This amount is not due until acceptance to the program has been confirmed. Fees will be collected at the CIT orientation meeting in May.
The requirements are stiff; the job demanding; the experience exhilarating!
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America
- Age: Be at least 14 years of age by the start of the camp season (June 23, 2018)
- Be at least a First Class Scout or Venturer and uphold the ideals expressed in the Scout Oath and Law.
- Have a Unit Leader appraisal submitted after you complete this application. An appraisal will be sent to the unit leader you provide in the application.
- Have not previously participated in the Nashua Valley Council CIT program.
- Complete & submit this application prior to April 15, 2018.
- Applicants will need to sign up for an interview time slot at the end of the application.
- Attend an interview on Monday, April 30, 2018 at the Nashua Valley Council Service Center at 1980 Lunenburg Rd, Lancaster, MA. Interviews will be scheduled by the CIT Director.
- A CIT orientation meeting will be held for accepted CITs in May. At this meeting a $275 fee will be collected which includes professionally prepared food throughout the program, exceptional leadership training, and a 2017 CIT T shirt.